For 4 people ()
- 1 Pizza Dough
- 1 pound(s) peeled plum tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 thin slices ham, cut into 2-inch squares
- 32 black olives, pitted and halved
- 8 artichoke hearts preserved in oil, drained and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano leaves
- 0 fresh or dried salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425° F. for at least 20 minutes before baking pizza.
Strain tomatoes through medium holes of a food mill placed over a bowl, scraping in all pulp. Heat 2 Tbs. of the oil and lightly sauté the mushrooms.
Stir in the garlic and set aside.
Spread puréed tomatoes on the prepared dough, leaving the rim uncovered.
Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella.
Spread mushrooms over one quarter of pizza.
Arrange ham on another quarter, and the olives and artichoke hearts on the two remaining quarters.
Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper, and the remaining olive oil.
Immediately place pizza in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the topping is bubbling. Serves 4.